This month our girl crush is female windsurfer, Jenna Gibson. She was named Windsurfer of the Year 2018/19 and we can see why! Discover more about Jenna and why she’s such a deserving champion below.
- Jenna Gibson is 21 years old and from Britain.
- Despite being named Windsurfer of the Year 2018/19, Jenna only made her windsurfing debut in 2017, so she’s still fairly new to the professional sport. Inspiring stuff, ey?!
- Jenna started windsurfing at the age of 12.
- From 6th place to 1st place! In 2017 she finished in 6th place at the PWA world championships that took place in Denmark.
- Jenna’s life motto is: “Life is like a coin, spend it however you want, because you can only spend it once.”
- She isn’t just Windsurfer of the Year 2018/19 but holds two world championships too! She’s IFCA World Champion 2018 and PWA Youth World Champion 2018.
- She has family at heart, as Jenna’s idea of a perfect day would be windsurfing with her family and boyfriend.
- Jenna’s ultimate goal would be to hold a senior world title. At this rate we have no doubt she will one day. So watch this space!
- Jenna’s idol is Sarah-Quita Offringa. She’s a 15x windsurfing world champion and is flying the flag for women in windsurfing! Jenna said she is “so humble and friendly, definitely someone to be looked up to.” We wrote a blog post last year which includes Sarah’s profile so check it out here or find out more about Sarah on her website here.
- Jenna’s most treasured possession is her beloved car. It get’s her to the beach on a windy day with all her gear so she wouldn’t know what to do without it!
Here at Lenguaventura, Jenna is a real inspiration. Follow in Jenna’s footsteps and start your windsurfing journey on our windsurfing summer camp.
In the meantime, keep up-to-date with Jenna’s windsurfing adventures on Instagram here.